This legal agreement regards the official website of SoundFellas (a subdivision of MediaFlake Ltd), with the domain name (soundfellas.com) and its sub-domains, and all other affiliated or social channels and distribution networks.
We urge you to read this policy document in order to understand exactly under which terms you agree to function as our client, when entering in business with us either through a purchase or any other transaction with our company.
You can also find more in the articles below:
Who we are
We are an independent business founded by Panagiotis (Panos) Kouvelis in 2011, based at the town of Athens in Greece, and we specialize in media production and software development.
Our business details are:
Software and Media Development, Supply & Distribution
41 Agiou Dimitriou, 18546, Piraeus
Attiki, Athens, Greece
VAT ID: EL997735980
Our company’s legal title is “MediaFlake Ltd” and it consists of three different teams, under the same management, in order to support its diverse portfolio of products and services.
Our branded divisions are:
- SoundFellas, which is the immersive audio division that provides audio content and tools, via its website www.soundfellas.com and third party stores like the Unity Asset Store, the Unreal Asset Store and other places of similar retailing. You can find more about SoundFellas at www.soundfellas.com.
- SoundFellas Records, which is the music label that provides artistic music production and distribution for artists all over the world, via its website records.soundfellas.com (a subdomain of SoundFellas main website). You can find more about SoundFellas Academy at records.soundfellas.com.
- Blueface Games, which is the games and apps division that provides entertainment and other types of applications, via third party software stores like the Apple AppStore, the Google Play Store and other places of similar retailing. You can find more about Blueface Games at www.bluefacegames.com.
What data we collect and how we use it
We gather only the necessary data in order to be able to do business with you, to sell you products, inform you about new products and share our knowledge with you and the community.
Here are the data we might ask you for, depending on the type of transaction that you choose to do with us:
- Your full name, email and professional specialization so that:
- You will able to buy goods and services from us.
- We will be able to communicate useful information regarding your purchase.
- We will be able to support you on using our products or provide customer support, when possible, in any case that you need it.
- We communicate price discounts and product offers that we organize that will help you get the same top-quality products in better prices.
- We communicate our product and service offers that we think you might be interested in.
- We share knowledge and information with you and the community.
- Financial information like credit card information and billing address so that:
- We are able to charge you for your purchases.
It’s important to note that we do not collect any extra sensitive information like health status, race, sexual orientation, religion, political beliefs and other high risk data.
We are a small company only collecting basic data in order to support you, our business and the transactions done between us, until you chose to exit that agreement (about that, please read below on ‘how long we keep your data’).
Where we store your data
When it comes to your data we only choose partners that provide highly secure platforms with industrial strength data storage solutions and have been widely used and tested for many years in the commercial world.
Here is the list of the 3rd party solutions that we use to store your data together with a short description about them:
Gumroad is an online platform that facilitates the sale of products by creators directly to consumers. Sahil Lavingia founded the company in 2011 with the intention of making selling as easy as social sharing.
We use Gumroad as our main retail channel and marketing communications platform. Read more about them and their policies by following those links:
This is an industry standard company that provides solutions for customer support and project management. We use this kind of services in order to be able to provide you with a smooth experience when you ask for customer support and to manage our projects with ease.
You can read more about them and their policies by following those links:
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and we are using Google Docs to store the basic information of your name, email, and what products or services you purchased form us, so we can supply you with information about updates and related news that would benefit you. Again, you can always contact our customer portal and ask us about anything, you have complete control on your data.
To ensure the best security, we use all Google products and services (and actually all the third-party products or services we use), with the security preferences set on the highest security level. That means two-factor authentication and automatic encryption of any local synced files.
You can read the related policies of Google by following those links:
Who handles your data
As we stated in the beginning, we are a small independent company, which means that we have good control on who handles your data. Apart from the companies that are mentioned above, our internal data handling happens only by the minimum amount of people that are required for the task at hand. For example, only the marketing executives will access the mailing lists to create and send promotional campaigns, only the customer support agents will be able to view your data and communicate to support you and other similar cases follow the same philosophy.
We use a robust and granular internal system of permissions to give only the specific data needed by someone in order to do the job that you want them to do, and all our colleagues and partners are expert professionals that are trained and agreed on our security policies and workflows.
The storage systems that we use are hosted in highly secured platforms of third party partners as we already mentioned and are accessed from secured workstations with industry-standard security software installed and regularly updated and all the local storage media is encrypted with industrial strength real-time encryption.
We do our best to keep your data secured in every way possible.
How long we keep your data
We store your data with sustainability in mind, so apart from the data that we are obligated to store for legal and accounting reasons, we store all the rest until you don’t want us to store them anymore. We respect your ‘right to be forgotten’, so it’s really up to you. When you no longer want us to store your data, you can request us to delete it from our own or third party servers by contacting us.
Please keep in mind that we will not be able to remove from our or our partners’ records, any of your data that is required by law to stay archived. This includes but it’s not limited to purchase history, invoices and financial transaction information. Also we cannot delete any data if that compromises the basic rights of freedom of expression and research conduct.
Regarding marketing campaigns and related promotions, there is always a link in the related e-mails that you receive giving you the option to opt-out from direct marketing that uses your data.
If you have any question or remarks regarding this agreement or other legal related subjects, please contact us directly.