A constantly evolving production pipeline, that drives the creation of new audio asset packs and the update of the current ones.
We are in the process of updating all our audio asset packs, through our latest production pipeline, now on version four, designated ‘SFv4’. As we offer free lifetime updates for all our audio asset packs, if you buy today you get a lower price, as the prices will get higher after the update, and you get the update for free in the coming weeks.
You can see which packs are updated on the latest version. They will feature the ‘SFv4’ logo that you see at the top of this page, on the product box image and on the product specifications.
For details see the audio asset production public roadmap, for a comparison between the product features of the previous pipeline version ‘SFv3’ versus the latest version ‘SFv4’, see the end of this page.
Through our long years of experience in audio production for media, we developed a precise pipeline to produce audio. The ingredients are cutting edge technologies, techniques that we developed through the years, and innovative thinking.
- We posses a forensic analysis level restoration lab, that we use to refine our sounds, so together with high quality, our sounds also feature high fidelity, with the most neutral sound possible. Ready to be mixed in virtual environments, and to be tweaked to fit any aesthetics our customers create.
- We use very high quality file formats with full spherical positioning mixing with physics simulation. We can convert to any multichannel format we like, or our customers need.
- We use high dynamic range processing for the material and the processing tools, with careful planning of the gain staging between any processing step. We are free to layer sounds and process them through extreme manipulation, creating new and exciting sounds, without any artifacts.
- We use version control and online collaboration technologies. We can update our audio asset packs, offer new formats as industry trends change, and offer those updates as free for lifetime to our customers.
- Phase 01: Design
- Phase 02: Acquisition
- Phase 03: Preproduction
- Phase 04: Production
- Phase 05: Finalization
- At the design phase, we look for ideas at our users, our team and look at our archives for notes and content.
- Then we search through literature, movies and games, to find out related material and we gather images and create moodboards.
- Finally, we conduct tests to listen, we scout for recording locations, and we discuss and vote how to proceed.
- We acquire sounds from field and studio recordings, sound synthesis, or hybrid methods that combine all of the above.
- Then we pass them through ingestion, which helps us to select and classify what we’ve got so far, and the we create a taxonomy for each product, based on the hierarchy of the original design.
- The selected sounds pass through refinement. This includes flattening of any non-linearities introduced on acquisition process, denoising, and dereverberation, so we have pure sounds to start developing them.
- Entering the preproduction phase, we start separating the content to usable parts, so we can produce it.
- Separation is very important for our ambience audio packs, as we extract one-shots, continuous (loops), noise prints (roomtones), and for any one-shots that was recorded with a Doppler effect, we create usable loops by removing it.
- Then, we rectify the samples, by compensating for the environment’s absorption. We process them through tonal balancing, to make them sound as natural as possible. Finally we expand their dynamic range, creating more contrast and detail.
Our production phase includes an iterative sound design model, based on a non-destructive workflow, that allows us to iterate freely.
- Creative transformations on pitch, timbre, and manipulation of time and space.
- Composition methods, like layering sounds, morphing between them, vocoding or convolving them, and setting interactions between them.
- And future-proof mixing using our True3D pipeline, that simulates position, distance, occlusion and motion.
All can happen at any time and we can interchange between them until we achieve the desirable result.
Finalization is the final phase before the audio asset pack gets published and reach the hands of our customers.
- We master the sounds according to our own AuthorNorm standards, that adhere to different specification for different classes of sound. This allows the end-user to use subtractive mixing, the fastest and most secure method of mixing audio.
- We review the content of each pack with critical listening and with tools that check the data integrity of the files.
- We organize the content in an ergonomic way, to make it easy to be used from any level of operator, trained or not trained, and from any media industry sector.
- We finally render everything, according to each retail platform standards, using state-of-the-art conversion tools, for crystal-clear quality and the highest possible fidelity for any format we choose.
- Version control and end-to-end non-destructive processing.
- 96 KHz sampling rate, with capability of x1024 anti-aliasing at 98304 KHz oversampling if needed.
- 64-bit floating point calculations.
- High dynamic range or more than 15oo dB.
- Final render down-sampling using Gaussian dither noise, with a psychoacoustically weighted dynamic filter that adapts to the content of the audio.
- ITU RF64 raw PCM broadcast wave file containers.
- 96 KHz sampling rate
- 32-bit IEEE floating point sample depth.
- Raw PCM broadcast wave file containers.
- 96 KHz sampling rate
- 24-bit sample depth.
*Specifications may vary when purchased from 3rd party stores.
- Monophonic, when no spatial information is needed.
- Super Stereo, when 2D information is needed.
- Ambisonics, when 3D information is needed.
Depending on the type of deliverable, we provide everything that is needed in each pack. We use, mono, super stereo, cube array, Dolby Atmos, and full sphere ambisonic files, to provide our customers any option they might need to easily create immersive sound. Read more how our products are immersive audio ready.
We are in the process of updating all our audio asset packs to the latest SFv4 standards. If you buy now or you already own a pack, you will get the update for free. To get a notification when the update is ready, subscribe to our newsletter.
$ 99Per Month
- Quality and Ergonomics
- Free Lifetime Updates
- Tonal Balancing
- HDR Audio
- Isolated Elements
- Immersive Audio Ready
Super Stereo (2.0 UHJ)
Dolby Atmos (7.1.2)
Full Sphere Ambisonics (B-Format 1st Order SN3D/ACN – AmbiX)
Along with original files
- True3D Sound
- Reverb Presets and IR
- Design References
Explore our audio asset packs
Combine de-reverberated loops, noise prints and isolated sound elements, to create infinite variations of dynamic sonic environments that render accurately on any channel configuration.
Use spherical mixed surround tracks to enhance the atmosphere of your project. Easily interchange between them, to effectively alternate between moods.