v3.0 – 03 December 2018
This release brings compatibility with the latest developments in audio for virtual and augmented reality, offering a better experience for the audience but also features content formats that enables easy creation of detailed aural user experiences.
From virtual reality to augmented reality and beyond, loudness and content is re-mastered to comply with the latest development standards for future-proof compatibility and ease of use in production environments.
This release also includes re-organized content to support the indie and small-business creators with smaller modular libraries and friendlier prices.
If you are updating from a previous library version, then make a backup of the old one, as it may include a different set and number of tracks than this version. A good practice is to always make a backup copy of your assets and work or update a working copy and not your backup.
- AetherTech™ is our proprietary audio process, that removes the strong localization information of the sound cues that demand coordination effort. The result is immersive music which blends without interfering with the designed experience.
- We re-mixed all music track using just the right amount of reverb. Achieve compatibility with any other audio sources you might combine them. Gain consistency and easy incorporation into the rest of the audio experience, without breaking your style.
- Re-mastered according to our latest research findings for perceived loudness measurements, allowing for true subtractive mixing no matter the platform and playback scenario.
- Frequency response is better now, due to advancements in resolution converting algorithms. We re-mastered the tracks again, to take advantage of the technological evolution.
- The surround versions of the tracks are now offered on 4.0 (quad surround) instead of the older 7.1 channel configurations. The reason for that is that 4 channels of proper mixed content can be used with the same impact as a 6.0, which is the real configuration that music assets of 7.1 format is delivered. The sub channel (.1) in the setups of most final users, is getting a feed from all the content and plays back the correct sub-bass frequencies and the center speaker is reserved for the dialog only. A quad surround version can be easily expanded to fill any number of satellite speakers with routing copies of the signal, or expanding the panorama of the track when mixing in your non-linear editor or from within the game engine. That way your projects can support any type of surround and there are no extra channels that take up space and memory and not really offering much. Read our blog for details on the matter of optimization and experience delivery. Long story short, using our music assets and with little planning and effort, a creator can support any speaker configuration in his/her project.
- Track filenames changed to reflect new library editions, so if you re-import the assets to old projects, check for broken links and similar inconsistencies.
- Track number and content of package is changed from the previews version, so backup your old copy before updating on this one.
v2.0 – 17 September 2016
This release features the re-mixing and remastering of all music tracks to offer better immersion with industry standard formats.
- Together with the default stereo version, now there are 2 more included versions of all the tracks:
- Binaural stereo mastered from a re-mixed surround version of the tracks, and can be used to give a full surround experience in users with headphones.
- A 7.1 surround version, with the center (dialog) speaker off, to include in surround productions.
- Removed game specific optimized formats as game engines have now updated importers and users can choose to optimize from within those tools.
v1.2 – 25 October 2016
This release bring a more impactful sound taking advantage of rare boutique equipment we recently acquired in our labs. Also we took care of looping on some tracks that featured smooth fades to silence, now those tracks also loop endlessly but also feature the smooth part of the track.
- Remastered through rare analog audio processors to add mass.
- Based to customer feedback, we edited all tracks to feature endless looping, but also keep in some tracks the smoother part of the track that previously was used to fade out the song. Now the tracks feature the same aesthetic but also can loop endlessly.
v1.1 – 20 September 2013
- Filenames change for intuitive organization.
- Some filenames have been changed, so if you re-import into your projects, check for inconsistencies or broken links.
v1.0 – 10 October 2011
*Information in this article refer to releases through our store. Specifications and other details may vary on releases done through a 3rd party platform.